Sunday, November 15, 2009

The body world

So, I've finally decided to make more efficient use of my weekend other then just developing fat cells this week, thus , I dragged myself to visit the latest and hottest exhibit in town...
The body world
For those who don't know what it is about, its actually an exhibition, displaying corpse, stripped layer by layer from their skin to their bones surgically, displaying the various human anatomy.
Interestingly enough, instead of feeling horrified with the displays i saw, I find myself scrutinizing at the different details of the human body with the occasional " ooh, i didn't know I have those...".
Perhaps, through this enriching session, I begin to appreciate my body more and at the same time, I gain awareness of how to take care of it. Of course, maybe I'm just intimidated by the abominations born from the various diseases out there.
Nonetheless, I salute the effort put in by the people who made these appalling sculptures. I couldn't imagine myself having the patience nor courage to work with corpse for so long, no, I'm not afraid of blood. If you haven't went for the show before , you should probably do, its really worth the 2000 cents you pay at the entrance.
By the way, ba gua , any one?=D

No comments: