Saturday, July 15, 2006

Conviction..


SO i went to school today to attend my favourite lesson with one kick ass lecturer.. yew siong... (a.k.a Bike mechanics instructor). Its the third and some how the last session of his whole course and i've learnt alot about the tweaks and twitches of my bike.

and then i bought my bike down today.. hopefully to give the bugger a health check or sth. Heres what yew siong said at the first sight of my bike. " At one glance, i can tell the owner of the bike had been constantly abusing the bike and was lazy to maintain it."

I felt guilty.

" look at this , the rear deraillure lever, its dis functional. The rear deraillure is not functioning properly. The cables and cable housing are filled with mud and rust . The chain had not been lubbed for decades resulting to it wearing out it self and the cassette. So many things that can be prevented just by proper lubrications." yew siong scolded .

I felt more guilty.

He gave me a kick in my ass, "PLEASE BE A BETTER OWNER"..

Thats it.

Its like judgement day. I stood at the mercy of the judge..

" convict P 0520111 , GOH JUN CHIN AKA JC. Are you guilty of the following charges

In humane bike abusements.

Neglection of bike's requirements.

Sexual harrasment of pretty bikes.."


I here by sentence u to life imprisonment in the land of broken frames and rusted cranks . Court.

Sob sob.

So now , adding on to my shopping list for my bike would be , new cable housing , new chain , new cassettes, new rear dee shifters, new lub. Donations to the JC needy fund any one?

For my own references

Things to buy

1. Tires. 90
2. Grips. 15
3. Gloves, FOX 35
4. Cable housing. 10
5. Chain and cassette. 60
6. Rear dee shifters. 45
7. Lubricant . 7.50

Total=$262.50 ( 105 plates of chicken rice.)

AY, and we had a wonderful time at jp's place this saturday night's steam boat session. There was so many people there and woots , girl friends and boy friends was one the IN thing now i think. Tsk, fellow females out there , wanna tag along with me for the next event. Tsk, session.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Don't ask me why the pic is so blurry ....

No comments: