Monday, February 18, 2008

Detail 8

So , today I went for my vocational assessment at hendon SAF commando camp to allow the latter to further access whether I’m suitable for the unit or not. The location of the camp is irritatingly far. Smack in the middle of Loyang Avenue opposite Changi hospital, it made my butt cramp like I was having menstrual right after I alighted from the bus.

Well, being a commando is pretty neat stuff I felt. You get to keep in shape better than the rest of the units, you get to be honored by people and best off, you are paid to parachute =). That’s exactly what I told the officer interviewing me when he asked why I like to be in the battalion. While the whole atmosphere at the camp was pretty niche and all, we are treated to a grueling 11 hours of time spent in the camp mostly on waiting for our turn to be examined.

Assessment was based on several of physical and mental test and of course a test on our keenness to join the camp. Well, it’s just a series of test, which is pretty boring to me.

Well, if I’m in, that means that I've got to be going thru and fro from that camp for the next two years. Sigh, any one got any shorter bus route to suggest to me?

No comments: