Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bibi the silky terrier



So one of my side jobs earlier this year was to have a few snap shots of this little dog which belongs to my aunt . A silky terrier by the name of Bibi. Tsk, i know its a cliche name , but ay , what to do , it runs in the family.


Haven't really been doing photo shoots for doggies before except for my late dog,. ah beng using the old digi cam. Tsk, well with the dslr , new possibilities with the photos are explored. In this series , I explored with bounce flash.
Ay, its all about the lighting and how you want light to enter into your sensor I feel , is what photography is about. Light capturing , I'd call it, with the camera as your magic wand to capture light.
Bibi was a very cooperative client whom remain seated when ever the camera is pointed at it .In fact , he is too obedient. I had to hide my camera away and take it out to take a candid shot of him in order for him to give me other poses.

Personally, i thought to myself that its very difficult to do indoor shoots without an external flash system. I had to struggle with the inbuilt flash system with a piece of card board to bounce of the light so that it won't be harsh . A $430 external flash would do a better job with that. Well, photography ain't called an expensive hobby to pursue for nothing i supposed.


Well, it was fun working with the pup during the hour session. It simply couldn't take his eyes of my camera unless food is presented in front of him. Simply lovable. Makes me reminiscence on ah beng though. I wonder where that faggot went to on its own but I'm pretty sure he should be doing fine.

No comments: