Sunday, April 18, 2010

My wants..

Its said that we can never be satisfied with what we have, from basic needs to luxury items, men have always been pursuing the better lot.. Just take the stock markets for example, it just a reflection on how we are,the characteristics on how the market rotates around the various sectors, from commodities to necessities you'll always see those chart point upwards.

Just how much more do we actually need to be satisfied?A question was raised to an evangelist for Microsoft during a seminar that sat my ass in.The latter asked,"when will windows stop upgrading ?Its hard to keep up with the different versions every year!". Then he replied "That's simple,we'll stop when we receive no complains on the OS itself " . IMO, i don't see such a day coming at all.

So, while spending yet another unproductive day , I decided that I should come out with a list of my short term needs , so as justify for not doing anything at all for the whole day.Its more for my own reference in the future and you could probably refer to it and see similar wants . If that's so , we could discuss about that item in hope of getting something better out of it.=D

Items listed in chronological order the first being the first thing that came on my mind and hence forth..

1)Laptop-HP Pavilion Dv5 GBP519
2)Fluorescent Light for my room SGD 50.00
3)Desktop PC -Something with I7 core SGD 1.500
4)Paint for my bike-decided that pink is too gay SGD50.00
5)A better phone-ORD LO SGD500.00
6)Camera body-Canon 5d MII SGD 3,599.00
7)Lense- Sigma APO 70-300mm 4.5-5.6F SGD 350.00
8)Flash- Canon Speedlite 580 ExII SGD 899.00
9)G-shock watch-I want to forget about the times i spent with my indestructible army watch Sgd135.00
10)Rolex Watch -They say its a good investment SGD5000.00
11)Investment Portfolio-Yeap, thats the only way to get my first million SGD 5000.00
12)Small aquarium-I want to try breeding guppies SGD 50.00
13)Book-Secret of millionaire investor first Ed SGD50.00
14)Printer-Laser jet monochrome printer SGD150.00

Total amount: SGD19,371.00

Well, looks like the offer to solicit at changi village isn't that bad after all..Sigh, alot of chicken rice eating days to come=(

That's Boon Tong Kee's Chicken rice by the way,just to tempt=)

No comments: