Thursday, April 01, 2010

Share the roads, be the better person~

The news of yet another cyclist being killed on the roads made me shudder as I zipped down the roads today. Though I'm cycling on a less frequent basis, I'm still very affected by this rise in numbers of accidents involving cyclist. Many of times I see is due to ignorant motorist and probably some very selfish individuals who refused to share the roads.


I wouldn't want to start taking stands between the motorist and the cyclist(least because I'm in the midst of getting my driving license XD), I believe we're all human and either of us would make errors and have the choice to be selfish or not while on the roads.

While cycling back from sentosa today, I witnessed yet another road rage that could turn ugly . This time it was between this female driver and this two other cyclist along the opposite traffic. Car was begrudged to give way, cyclist squeeze through, car deliberately cut in to squeeze the cyclist off the tracks , cyclist got pissed over takes the car from the right and screamed at the driver while displaying the third finger, driver let loose a clamorous wail on the horn just before I lost sight of the drama.

I feel utterly disappointed by how the cyclist reacted to the situation but I thought that I might just behaved the same when it comes to my own safety.Well,in any case, I thought that maybe , cycling just got a little more risky thanks to people like these. However, I contemplate that I'll be wrong and with this most recent road kill , be a turning point for people to improve on road safety. So people that might be reading my blog and if you happened to be drivers , PLEASE , try to be nice while on the road and give in to the people that is utilising a more eco friendly means of transport . Do the right thing, make a difference=)



After all, you don't wanna see this face appear on the newspaper right?

No comments: