Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chronicles of an air borne trooper:The recruit

Beads of perspiration trickled down the eye brows, some getting into the eye as I mustered strength to remain in the push up position . Amidst the grunts and scream of pain, hundreds of us maintained that poise , while the loud hailer remained silent. All eyes focused on the person holding the loud hailer.

"Pain is temporary.. Glory is forever" the man whispered... through the loud hailer..

That spurred an unseen energy amongst the crowd , I felt this deep heat rushing down from the back of my skull flowing through the body as I continued pumping countless hundredth times of push up. I heard my comrades cries in pain, I screamed , desperate to out voice the pains in my arms. I could hardly keep my eyes open as beads of perspiration got into my eyes, then the whistle blew.

As I lay face down, cheek pressed on the tarmac, I struggled to capture my breath.I flipped onto my back trying to get a better posture for air to enter. As I looked at the clear morning sky from the edge of my eye, I saw an eagle , soaring freely across the sky. No matter the amount of pain I had within myself , I could have only but two words to console myself, For Honour and Glory.

No comments: