Sunday, March 01, 2009

July the 9th was the last post I've made in this blog. Its the 1st of march now in 2009, time sure flies . I could still remember the doubtful feelings days before my enlistment into the commando school. I didn't have any idea of what is going to happen in there. At this point of time, I couldn't believe I've achieved so much in my service term.

The first 2 months of my NS saw me being more enthusiastic and selfless as I step into the the school as a fresh recruit. It was the most gruelling part of my training because we're new and we're not accustomed to the regimental regulations in the army yet. Its the time where the instructors will grill the boys hard . High lights of my bmt I felt was the 8 days out field we had and our 24 km route march back for our pop and of course, donning the jungle hat , morphing us from commando sperms to commando fetus =)

I pushed myself throughout my BMT phase which resulted me in getting better gradings . That enabled me an entry into one of saf toughest courses . The commando leader course. The 3 months spent in the course was perplexing. I'm not joking, I've seen my course mate break down in the duration of the course, it was the longest 3 months of my life. I'm just glad that I pulled through the ordeal and am now a commando leader =)

We had our airborne training which was rather enjoyable as it was right after my leader course. "Since the commando leader course is the toughest course for nsf, the rest of the course would be nothing right? " was what one of the 3rd sergeant said during the first day in air borne school. For me , I consider the training standards rather acceptable , given the above fact. Whats more, it was during air borne that I'm able to get nights out every night . Probably one of the greatest obstacle during the course, or should i say for all commandos is to have the courage to jump of the air craft. Despite knowing the dangers of the jump, all of us still leaped off the air craft , be it pushed out or not. Sadly though, it is during the jumps that many of the trainees get their limbs injured and go out of course. Here's a clip on how it really is inside the air craft. Its exactly the same thing .



Its really an imprinting experience during my first jump as i still remembered I had flash backs on my child hood during the free fall.

After we graduated from airborne school we were were promoted to our current ranks now and had shifted to the first commando battalion . That's where all the commandos are. That's where I am at now , and that is where I will end my term as a commando . I'm almost halve way though my NS term and looking back at my doubts before I came into here, I'm pretty sure now that I've made the right choice=)

Well, these 8 months or so wasn't entirely spent on serving the nation. I had been fishing a lot . In fact, me and Jun yuan had almost a weekly fishing Sunday morning fishing going on for some time . Its just so convenient to fish for me as my camp is just beside the beach.

Oh well, so much so for the update. Hopefully , I'll return to posting on a more regular basis and in a less sloppy manner like this.

No comments: