Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The new padlock.

"Hi every one this is Me again, from class 933.3 fm, its 2 in the morning now and i'm here to keep u company.. for now.. lets go back to the 80s and listen to some golden classics.."... the radio aired some wasted oldies on the fm. I hummed to the tune as i drove along the same stretch of road. My back ached from those nites on the polyester bed i " D.I.Y' for my self. Ah teck....the first store i nid to deliver the fish balls to.... my eyes set on the horizon non- chalantly as the daily routines begans.

"pAk!" that sound of my door closing signifies the end of my day .I drove, wearily to the nearest coffee shop to get break fast for my children. Ay , my children.. i've 3 kids. 2 sons and one daughter. My elder son is already 18, hah... i still remmeber the times when he was still small and i'ld so much wanted to bring him wiht me for fishing like any other dad wuold do. And my daughter... Shes alil way ward now..but i tink she'ld do fine. Not forgetting my youngest son.. hah, he looks nerdy and all now.. but i tink he'll turn out to be like a fine gentlemen. WEll, its almost dawn and they'll be waking up to go to school... I stepped on the throttle to go as fast as the old raven can go.

" Wan ton noodles 3 packs plz, take away , 2 no chilli 1 with chilli . "i told the hawker. " Soya milk please , the biggest packet... and one kopi o, less sugar Thks~!"


I drove home after collecting the food. Submited to my body's cries of pain.. i was so realived that i got home able to rest for that 2 hours before setting to work again. Gingerly.. i took out my keys and slot it into the padlock. denial. I tried again... the key won't go in. Feeling weird.... i took a closer look at the padlock. "Queens padlock"it stated as the brand.A new pad lock.Remorse and melachony stabbed my heart. I know that i've took a wrong step and i couldn't amend it any more.. There is no second chance left. I left with a heavy haert.

As the packets of breakfast hung on the door's handle.

No comments: