Sunday, March 09, 2008

Situations

I believe in many times of my almost 20 years of life I've experienced situations whereby , an action is required to be performed by myself , how ever , I've got restrictions that clearly forbids me to commit .


To simply type it all out here would be rather, too vague of a description for this sensation I'm talking about. Its not the case that its just a rare phenomena that just disappears into the back of my head . However, it happens at such a rate and impact that carves itself into me such that I could still feel that very sense of awkwardness .


Maybe I'll give examples from part of my daily experiences , perhaps that would make a better sketch of the picture.


Now, take for example some one is throwing a surprise party for you and you are not supposed to know about it. Then some one , who misunderstood the information and come up to you and ask,"Hey, why didn't you invite him along?" Him is some one who i don't really know but i still know him only at the spot where by I've only seen him once. However , this him is a very good friend of the person asking you that question and it really meant a lot of if he was present. Now, this is the catch, you are not the organiser and you are not the one who is inviting people over to the party and now , you are flabbergasted with the question thrown at you. Him , don't know any one from the party except for me and the person asking me the question. OK, from an extrovert point of view, meeting strangers and all is something like a blessing. How ever, you do know that HIM is not an extrovert of a person at all and it will be hard to initiate a conversation without feeling bored. You want to reject your friend but you just couldn't find the right words. That's the feeling.


Probably it happens to you at work as well. Lets say you drew up this banner for a client and it has this tiger you got your inspiration from a water color painting which is worth a few zeros behind a certain amount. So, when your client open up that article she went hysterically laughing and say it looks like the logo for tiger balm.Your team mates were all dumbfounded and some made circles with their index finger around the side of their heads. She went on and asked her colleagues about the article and none of them agreed with her. You know you've done nothing wrong and your conscience tell you so. HOWEVER , your client then asked" Do you think you did a good job" After witnessing such display of emotions from her, what do you think was my reply. That's the feeling.


Now, what is this now. One of yet another defect of man kind again?




What to do

No comments: