Sunday, April 27, 2008

The record fish.



So, it was just any ordinary daily session at bedok jetty . It wasn't that ordinary because the gal and her girl friend joined us in our weekly session. After weeks of absence, jy also finally made his appearance.

Our bait fishes were once again scarce for the day. This is the frustrating irony. When there are little bait fishes around, the big fishes around would be hungry, if there are plenty of bait fishes around the big fishes will just eat the bait fishes and feel full.

The weather was unrelenting with the sun scorching the tarmac ,creating an hell on earth effect at bedok jetty. While me and ernest were gawking at the rest for not wearing long sleeves, we are also the ones sweating like dogs with the long sleeves acting as mobile sauna suits.

The sauna mobile suits

The aims for todaks yield pathetically puny sized ones which kinda dampened the team's spirit. Combined with the lack of baits, it was indeed quite frustrating.

The sun got the better of them.

However, just as desperation got the better of us, the bait fishes were back! Yayness. I took the opportunity to teach the girl how to jig for tambans and unhook them. Well, heres a compliment, shes a quick learner and quite a lucky one too. She managed the tambans by herself and ernest called me over my cell to get my ass back as my rod was bending. The todak feeding frenzy came on and the team was getting hit after hits of todaks and spirits were high.

If you pay close attention, its actually the same fish caught below-_-

Soon, the action died down and it became the restless waiting game again. Suddenly, my noodle got an extremely huge take that had the uncles around the rod shouting and yelling, infact the rod almost dropped into the water(I need a rod holder). At the speed of light, I ran to my rod rescuing it from the menancing torrents and tightened my drag and gave it a light strike. From far,i could see the fish leaped out of the water . Its quite a big one as even though my drag setting was already quite high, it was still peeling line out of my spool.I had to ran up the jetty in order not to let the todak get under the jetty furthur up. That attracted alot of spectators and one of the uncle commented that i could join the olympics. The fish made its last run near the jetty and was finally subdued . As i swung the fish up on to the jetty the hook came off due to the weight of the fish.. Luckily it dropped onto the jetty and didn't fell back into the water. Think we seriously need to get a gaff soon or else we'll be losing to all our big catches.

68cm, 750grams. Its small compared to desT's catches.

That kinda concluded the day as we packed early and head home. My dad didn't have time to come fetch me back as usaul so i had to take the public transport back, which is a painstaking ordeal. Its totally like the journey to the west. Oh well, guess i'm too pampered by my dad.
Me and ern's noodle rod

This picture is supposed to enhanced the width of the todak.
The family!

Alas,bjt at 5 pm. Taken by Soon, extremely photoshopped by yours truly..

No comments: