Friday, May 11, 2007

The escape..

I've not been blogging much as you guys have noticed,not because i'm busy but because blogger gave me some fuck up error, thus i can't post, but here goes , a post which is due 6 days ago..





Patrick the star fish introduced me to this wonderful place to fish a few weeks ago and I've been dying to try the place out. Last Sunday was a beautiful day thus i loaded my gear and cycled to the spot. Now one good thing about the spot is that its far away from civilisation, least considered far away for a Singaporean "spot" . Its almost seems un disturbed by any human activity and heres the catch , you don't get any net work reception in that area. Imagine you were to die there ,how nice.


Despite the swampy condition of its parameters, its actually quite a nice place to be at . Its peaceful ambiance eradicates any stress you have . Some how , it can be quite eerie when it gets damn quiet when even the cicada decided to shut up. Well, that didn't really bother me , i like a mysterious surrounding once or twice , for that moment of serenity . I didn't even mind if i don't catch any fish at all!






Nevertheless ,I did manage to land some fine catches at that area. Only a specific species though , the giant snake head(Channa micropeltes), other wise locally known as Toman or Siam lui.


Being a high level predator means that the Giant snake head eats many other fishes, amphibians and even small birds, but is not preyed upon by many other species. The Giant snake head is considered gregarious, with the young often following closely to their mother. There have been reports of protective mother Giant snake head attacking men who have disturbed the snake head's school of juveniles.



Well, not that I've been attacked , i wouldn't want to go swim if i know those fishes are in the water man. I did waded about knee deep to retrieve my line when it got snagged in some underwater branches though, with fear.Just look at it baring its teeth.












I couldn't bear bringing home those fishes and destroying that habitat and its Eco-system, thus fishes caught were all released after photo taking. The day was concluded with an awesome sunset . As i gulped down my Heineken , i couldn't help but have the urge to go at the spot once again , that my friends, is living the high life, my style.

No comments: