Monday, June 18, 2007

Duan wu Festival

So i guess people all around are making dumplings now adays to commerate the Duan wu Festival.It occurs on 5th day of the 5th month of the lunar new year , but ay, my mum decided to celebrate today.

As i was eating the dumplings with the rest of the family , i had to hear my mum go on with the story on how duan wu festival came about. Geeze, i would have went on to eat infront of my monitor but my aunt and uncle was there , which mean my butt had to be glued onto the chair.

Well, if memory serves me right , duan wu festival came about because of this guy died at some pond at china some time back . The guy is some great Guy which made the folks grieved upon his death. So , in order to prevent the fishes from eating the corpse , they rowed dragon boats with drums and all to scare the fishes away and all. The interesting part is this , they made dumplings to feed the fishes so that they will be too full to eat the rotting corpse.

So , they made dumplings to feed the fishes,wouldn't it meant that we're eating fish food. hmm...

No comments: