Thursday, December 28, 2006

New Year resolutions

A New Year's resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day and remain until the set goal has been achieved, although many resolutions go unachieved and are often broken fairly shortly after they are set.
(adapted wikipedia)


No , i'm not giving my new year resolution for the year ahead today.I haven't even thought about it.. what are your goals next year? OR rather , what are your goals this year? Did you achieve it ..

I was looking at my archives to kill time when i came across one earlier this year, stating my new year resolution.

My new year resolution..serious one.. really protect what i have now.. coach a team of young aspiring cyclists... race for team sp with a few other comarades.. try to join the 4 seasonal races... try my luck out at the malaysian racing scene... get better grades for my studies...oh yea.. and stop pissing off every fine lady i meet.. perharps i'll settle down with one this year? ay this is a long term target..
Then i was wondering , did i did all of those ? No . I couldn't coach a team of young aspiring cyclists coz there aren''t any young aspiring cyclists . I raced for Sp alone becoz i don't have comrades. I didnt join the 4 seasonal races because i didnt have time to train. I couldn't try my luck out at the malaysian racing scene becoz i didn't wanted to race for team youth singapore(thats another story).. I couldn't protect what i have then becoz i've forgotten what i had then.I did managed to get better grades though. OH yea .. the last one.. i'm not so sure about that..
That left me to think, whether we should really have new year resolutions at all. It seemed rather pointless to have them , meaninglessly useless i'ld say. Its something that i had to be reminded off, and the only way i'm gonna get reminded is when i have the time to start reading up my archives and come across them. How ever as i read wikipedia's defintion for New year's resolutions i saw something rather interesting.
A New Year's resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day and remain until the set goal has been achieved, although many resolutions go unachieved and are often broken fairly shortly after they are set.
Then i thought , what the hell. We are human beings after all and human beings love doing irrational stuffs . Thus its only normal for us to not normal things like having a new year's resolution.So .. what are you guys waiting for ? Be normal , have an un-normal new year resolution.


No comments: