Sunday, January 07, 2007

Forget a thousand moments, brace a million changes..

I chance by a child hood friend i've forgotten way back . He lives just opposite my flat when i was still living in the small three room flat with mum and dad. Memories of my days there were vividly etched at the back of my brain. We moved thrice , least, i've moved thrice .

We chatted and caught up on the bus . We didn't contact each other like we promised we would after i moved. Hah, promises back then to a kid , wasn't something meant to be broken. How ever , a kid being a kid, tends to get over stuffs fast enough not to be bound by them.

I found out he still lives at the same block but at a different flat. Theres been plenty of changes , some which made me think alot. His mum was sent to IMH, yes institute of mental health . I remember she use to scream like a mad woman at him for being mischievous and all, i didn't really wanted her to be really insane. His dad stayed strong and provided for his studies and all. Flabbergasted i was taken more aback by more things that happened.

We used to hang out at another neighbour's house as they have a Sega game console. We'd played all day there. It was a big family in that home and its never livelier. I remember the ah mm which cooks nice desserts for us when ever we are at their place. Then there is her husband , a sombre and quiet man , who seemed to share the same existence of an empty space. I swear I've seen him smile ever this once when we were at their place. The last time i saw them he was bed ridden as he had stroke. My friend told me that he had passed away about 2 years ago , and his wife followed shortly.They were remembered as a very loving and kind couple.

Then there is this two girls , sisters, who live next to my place. Ay , its quite funny things we did back then. Sega games were sometimes forbidden ,when we didn't did our home work or did something gravely wrong , like breaking a TV . (That's another story. ) We play family games, kinda corny but our version was quite awesome . We combined a mixture of cartoon heroes and role played a cartoon hero family game. Thus you can cater to boys and girls alike. We always argue though , on who gets to be the Mum and Dad. Those were the good times. Their lives turned way ward. The elder sister had a child at the age of 18 and the younger sis ran away from home. Their younger brother is still schooling and doing fine though.

It seemed too much for me to take when he relate what happened when i was gone for the 10 years. Things that were once cherished are taken away and never given back. Times that were share never came back.I've forgotten the names of every one of them , I've forgotten more things then i could remember. And what, i'm only 18.. theres so much i've forgotten , whats gives when i get older.

No comments: