Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Bloggers discriminations

Working in Aspec has been a congenial experience for me. My bosses are munificently gracious with our atrocious behaviour during work even buying us tea breaks on a regular basis. We're even given ample work load that suffice us just enough to complete in time for some " quality relaxation" breaks .

Its with these breaks that allow me to able to appreciate web blogs and forums and such. I'll spent hours scourging information or scrutinizing on every little detail of a post by a good blogger. Its perchance that I developed more fancy on reading and writing web communes on the Internet.

Thus this explained the annoyance i felt while listening to the Muttons on 987 FM this morning. I've been getting my fix every morning by listening to the Muttons and their cranky jokes which never fails to perk up a lousy morning. They were frolic as the typical muttons every morning today and there was this topic about why people blog and why people not blog. Its a part of the show where by opinions are sought from the public on a specific topic given. One riposte from the common metropolitan for the topic is this . " I think bloggers are introverts as they'll rather communicate on the webs then communicate with people face to face."

Now I'm not being narrow-minded; or so if you can find any other words to describe my behaviour, but i thought that opinion was a bit far off from being fair? It was based on a generic , crude and perhaps even non-intellectual perception. I do see the light of the point made , but I'd conclude that it was meant to be a joke and it was quite a lousy one . Other wise I'm convulsed with the fact that there were such stereo types , totally repulsive.

Firstly , what has bloggers got to do with being introversive? Lets lay the definitions of an introvert first.

Introvert
noun(for this case )
1. (psychology) a person who tends to shrink from social contacts and to become preoccupied with their own thoughts [ant:
extravert]

extracted from
dictionary.com

Well, i believe those facts are of relevance without perplexity of my feelings in it .Then we compare it to a blogger. A blogger expresses his thoughts , lifestyles , opinions or anything that is on his mind on the blog and then it is opened for viewing to the public ,mostly friends. Now isn't that a form of socialization? I've seen bloggers making more friends by opening up their web logs to the public like kenny sia . In no way i see a blogger as a person who shrink from social contacts and to become preoccupied with their own thoughts.

Then i can't relate to how a person communicating on the web and not talking to some one face to face would be deemed an introvert. Its the 21st century , we've got touch screens , toilets cleaning your ass holes for you and stupid robots dancing making a big hoo hah. Right , point is, technology has made it possible for us to be more efficient and effective , communication via web is one of the most ingenious thIng I thought they've come out with , why does it seemed more introversive then meeting up with some one and talking to him face to face. Food for thought? I thought that person had troubles to acclimatize with the avant-garde society. Simply put , i think he is outdated.

I won't say that hey, bloggers cannot be introverts. No. Rather, I'm more like saying , bloggers are not classified under the term Introvert. Take a look around , i believe many of us are bloggers , what if its really like what that guy said, bloggers are introverts, wouldn't we be living in a nation of self obsessed freaks?



No comments: