Thursday, November 30, 2006

Conclusion- the lover

Soaked in the moon light we laid together on the bench, time had slowed down with compliments of percussion made by mother nature. The ipod died moments ago and there was a weight on my shoulders. I looked at the person laying on it and all the weight seemed to be lifted.

"lady , dreamer ..
you maybe the soundest sleeper...
tonight.. sleep tight
Build your nest upon my shoulders.."

She got tired so easily. The more i looked at her face , i felt that there is a lot going on beneath those pretty eyes and pale lips.That scent coming from her hair and and body , mysterious yet enchanting. She seemed so vulnerable yet lovable like she could break away any moment.Bobbed by these thoughts , i felt that i needed to keep her safe.. see that she'll be alright . I wrapped my arms around her head and body .

I closed my eyes and scenes of my life flooded my mind.How mum ditched me here alone to rot . How i got into trouble for fighting with a bully in the school. How i got rejected even before confessing to my first love... how i dramatically met and actually cliche' with this girl.. meraldine.

The night was punishingly cold.

Dawn. The sun didn't came out to wake me up today. The clouds obscured it;It was a grey morning.The sound of a large vehicle swept past me mercilessly and woke me up from my sound sombre . Startled from the effective morning call i stared around the vicinity like a retard . Wait, something is amiss.. Where is meraldine?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I ran down the side walks and tracked back the places where we visited yesterday. Blood rush through my head as i search frantically for signs of her. I panicked at the thought of losing her and the fast paced walk turn into a berserk ed sprint. Then, there she was, at the bridge , staring at the torrents in the same manner she did yesterday.

I caught her attention and she looked at me .. with those eyes that caught me back then again.

silence

"So , this is it huh.This is where it ends ?" I cracked , taking in deep breaths , calming myself down.

silence again.. I saw a trickle of tear running down her cheek

"Well.. if that's the case .." I sighed .

I looked at the currents, "its going to be quick and painless i thought. " . This is what i wanted before I met her . The air was melancholic as i climb over the hand rails.. , then a sharp tug pull be backed into the bridge plat form.

" What the fuck are you doing?! " she screamed with her tear filled eyes.

"Since you're going to do it too, i thought i might as well . Knowing you brought something into this nothingness in my life , now that this something is going to go , i guess I've no reasons to stay to. "

" dumb ass.. there are other things better then me for you to do..its not about me ern." she cried.

"No , its only about you this time.. Only you. " i said those words as i embraced her with all i could

" Promise me to live strong no matter what happens... live on.. " she uttered those words under heavy breaths .

"I'll live on with you" I said as i kissed her forehead

She smiled and the last drop of tear trickled down her face ,and she felt cold.

"meraldine?"

--

Those were the last words I've ever heard from her. The doctors said she was having acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Its was some kind of blood cancer the doctor explain , which is untreatable . I knew meraldine was in great pain all along. The doctors said that they can't do anything any more and it was only moments that meraldine would die. She died without saying good bye a week after . I watched her took her last breath as the life support system cried like they were mourning for her.

I was with her through out the week , i didn't shed a tear although i was sad . I told her everything i could when she was sleeping ... but she just slept. During the funeral i saw lots of people crying , i just stood there and watch. No one there knew who i am , neither did i know any one .

"Come back meraldine.. come back..."some one said .There is this sudden jab as i hear those words. Reality caught up with me. She's gone for ever , and she is about just the thing i had on this earth. I started to cry . Its as though she is one of the bones in my rib cage and now she is taken away, my chest hurts with every breath i take without her.I saw her familiar face once again as i stood at the edge of the ledge on the bridge again. The sound of water splashes ran through my ears distinctively... I looked at the august , blazing fast torrents underneath my foot from the bridge i was on. I blanked , looking at the rapids.

The end

All characters and names given in this story is based totally on fiction . In any case of replica , i apologise for any inconvenience caused.This work is on my own and for your appreciation.

No comments: