Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Uncouth , ignorant and arrogant..

I just realised how much i'm wasting on those junk micro wave food at the 24 hour store. 3.50 for some bake rice thing which is like so little...-_- . The taste ain't good as well, i guess that explains why it came in small packages, to spare my agony of finishing it up.Well, i top it up with vitasoy to make it a more whole some and healthy meal. I guess.

So i'm sipping on plain rum becoz i ran out of ribena, damn no jc's cocktail today.. Work was more challenging then usual today. The crowd just kept coming and coming and for the first time i see Fenny(spelt wrongly definately) running around.

" Damn the crowd " mumured tw as we exchange paths..

" I wondered why they say singapore is facing population crisis eh.." i said as i was clearing my table.

Manager was neither fak sin nor marrissa today , it was the site manager , kath.. who might just turn into a tiger any time. For one instance we started clearing tables . We both cleared a six seater each .She finished clearing hers first and she came over to me and snapped

"look at you, clearing so slow.."

I almost tot of doing some thing that would cost me my job..*smirk

So i was clearing this table and some boy spilled some drink on the table ...

Mum said"Look at what u've done , now kor kor will be angry ar.."

" don't worry madam , i'll clean it up."

" Nvm wat, thats his job wat.." the boy went.

I paused for awhile .... and continue cleaning... the boy is correct in some sense . How ever , i wonder where would that be coming from. Its like , i belive in mutual respect for each other , this isn't . I put that incident at the back of my mind for the rest of the night , may the boy be bless with a bright future.

This brings me to an entry which i thought , would be one of my favourite from waiterrant.


"...I catch my reflection in the store windows as I walk along the avenue. My reflection looks tired – like he needs a vacation, like he needs to get laid, like he needs an entirely new life. "
Adapted from Cold Autum from waitterant.net

Well, my part time job as a waiter at such a restaurant, makes me realized so much. I wonder what the next one would bring...

No comments: